To coincide with this years Beccles Food Festival Fringe event, running 13-27 May, The Swan at Loddon will be offering its customers a food and drink menu that celebrates produce within a 10 mile radius of the pub and restaurant.
On 13/14 May, the menu will be showcasing food and drinks from local farmers and producers. From butter to pork and from milk to carrots, it will all come from within 10 miles of Loddon.
The offering is not exclusive to food as The Swan also stocks local spirits from Gyre and Gimble, St Giles Gin, and wine from Chet Valley Vineyard just outside Loddon as well as other local vineyards.
The producers being showcased in the South Norfolk menu are:
- Chocolate, coffee, and gelato from Harris & James
- Vegetables from Clinks Care Farm
- Jerky from Marsh Pig
- Milk, cream, and eggs from Burroughs Farm
- Rare breed pork from Thatched House Farm
- Butter, cheese, and yogurt from Fen Farm Dairy
- Gyre & Gimble Gin
- St Giles Gin
- Chet Valley Vineyard
- Humpty Dumpty Beer
- Flint Vineyard
- Winbirri Wines
The special South Norfolk lunch menu will be served from 12-2.30pm on the weekend of the 13/14 May, with the dinner menu available from 6.30-9pm on the Saturday night only, Booking is advisable.
Jason Wright, Executive Head Chef at The Swan said: “We are fortunate to be located in Loddon, surrounded by amazing producers, and the opportunity to celebrate what’s literally on our doorstep is just too good to miss.”
Shel Gibbs, Head Chef at The Swan said: “The special menu goes the extra mile, well in fact less miles, to celebrate the best of South Norfolk produce and producers.”
Kelly Wright, General Manager at The Swan said: “It’s been a real pleasure to research and visit the local farms and vineyards that we will be featuring on the weekend. Forging new relationships and supporting super local is something we can only hope will continue on.”
About the Swan
The Swan has had a long history as a pub when it was first opened as a coaching house back in the 18th Century. Today it’s a Freehouse pub serving local local ales, fine food and offers bed and breakfast with its ten boutique style bedrooms.
- The Swan is open seven days a week, serving lunch Tuesday to Sunday 12-2.30pm and dinner Tuesday to Saturday 6.30-9pm.
- The Swan is located at 23 Church Plain, Loddon, Norfolk NR14 6LX.
- Tel 01508 528039
- Photo shows Jason Wright, Executive Head Chef at The Swan visiting Lyndsey Burroughs of E.S. Burroughs & Son farm at Aldeby